ALPHA SAC305, SAC387 and SAC405 and their replenishment alloys SAC300, SAC350, SAC380 and SAC400 are lead-free alloys suitable for use as a replacement for Sn63Pb37 alloy.
The replenishment alloys are sometimes used to stabilize and reduce the copper content in the wave solder bath, although, this requirement will depend on process conditions.
As with all Alpha’s bar solder, the proprietary Vaculoy alloying process is used to remove certain impurities, particularly oxides.
- Best-in-class yield, out performing all Sn/Cu based materials
- Fast wetting providing excellent solderability
- Lower levels of bridging compared to Sn/Cu alloys
- Delivers excellent performance across a wide range of flux technologies
- High mechanical reliability
The proprietary Vaculoy process is a highly effective method for removing included oxides from solder.
This is extremely important because included oxides generate excessive drossing and increase the viscosity of the solder.
Solder with higher viscosity can result in increased soldering defects (i.e. solder bridging).