The low temperature, lead-free alloy in ALPHA JP-501 has a melting point of 138°C, and has been successfully used with peak reflow profiles between 155 and 190°C. The flux residue from ALPHA JP-501 is clear and colorless and is formulated to offer high electrical reliability in a zero halogen flux formulation.
ALPHA JP-501 offers an outstanding reflow process window across all traditional surface finishes and is rated ROL0 per IPC J-STD-004. All components used with SnBi solders must be lead-free to eliminate the formation of tin/lead/bismuth intermetallic which has a melting point under 100ºC.
- Low temperature reflow profiles enables the use of low Tg PCB
- Excellent deposit consistency with high process capability index across all board designs
- Reduction in random solderballing levels
- Excellent pin-test yield for single and double reflow
- Available in Type 5 powder
Excellent deposit consistency
ALPHA JP-501 is able to deposit consistently down to 125um deposit size which can be used for tight design spacing as well as volume adder in complex PCB assemblies.
ALPHA JP-501 is a qualified on leading jet manufacturing equipment.