With its unique chemistry system, Kester 268 provides consistent workability performance for both robotic and manual soldering in the electronics industry, with performance equivalent to conventional halogen/ halide-based systems. Kester 268 provides a clean release which prevents occurrences of bridges and protrusions, even in narrow-pitch automated drag soldering. The use of Kester 268 results in a clear post-soldering residue without the need for cleaning.
Kester 268 is classified as Type ROL0 flux under J-STD-004B specifications. Kester 268 is zero-halogen and halide-free with no intentional addition of bromine and chlorine, conforming to the strictest requirements of IEC 61249-2-21, JPCA-ES-01 and IPC-410B specifications.
- Low occurrence of solder ball spatter, smoke and odor
- Conforms to halogen-free requirement with no intentionally added halogens and halides
- Excellent wetting speed and spread
- Clear residue resulting in excellent joint aesthetics
- Optimized for robotic and manual soldering
- Classified as ROL0 per IPC J-STD-004
Kester 268 No-Clean Flux Cored Robotic Solder Wire
This wire was developed specifically to be the optimal solder wire for both robotic and manual solder applications.
Solder ball spatter is minimal to nearly eliminate the danger of shorting between fine pitch components while still providing excellent wetting speed and spread, low smoke and odor, optically clear residues, and zero halogen content for the highest level of environmental safety.