The technical challenges of today’s electronics such as miniaturization, increased signal speeds, and advanced resin systems are combined with ever growing reliability requirements. To meet these needs, all processes involved need to run at the highest level of quality. The foundation of all of this starts with primary metallization.
Our broad portfolio of electroless coppers and direct metallization solutions allow fabricators to initiate plating on nearly any board material with excellent circuit uniformity. Our combination of technology and applications experience has enabled us to become known worldwide as an industry leader in primary metallization systems for all types of circuit boards.
View Products in Primary Metallization
- Direct Metallization
PCB manufacturers have chosen Shadow®, Blackhole®, Eclipse™, and ENVISION® direct metallization systems over electroless copper for lower cost of ownership and easier-to-maintain equipment.
- Suite of carbon, graphite, and conductive polymer alternatives to electroless copper
- Significantly reduced carbon footprint helps offset carbon costs associated with manufacturing
- Elimination of palladium metal from activation
- Quicker processing time, lower water usage and fewer metal interfaces
The M-Series Desmear process is finely tuned to create the optimal surface for application of electroless copper or direct metallization.
- Multiple options for hole conditioning for a wide array of board materials
- High performance permanganate system available in liquid and powder forms
- Selection of neutralizers including glass etches to maximize performance of subsequent activation
- Electroless Copper
The MacDermid Enthone brand of electroless copper processes have long been a market leader in high-reliability and performance for demanding PCB applications. Our electroless coppers are ideally suited for performance critical to the success of multilayer boards. We offer a wide variety of options for any substrate type and end application to meet your design goals.
- Excellent first pass yields
- Wide selection of technologies for various board designs
- Formulations available for flexible PCB, high aspect ratio boards, and HDI
- Global applications support